19 Apr module 14: from research theme to qualitative research design
- module 14: from research theme to qualitative research design
09/09/2020 - 10/09/2020
1:45 pm - 5:00 pm
Wed 09/09: 1:45 pm - 5:00 pm | online
Thu 10/09: 1:45 pm - 5:00 pm | online
week 1 | register now
From research theme to qualitative research design.
We cover the following topics during the course of this module:
- Qualitative Research Designs: what is QR? What kinds of designs exist?
- Focus on Grounded Theory and Phenomenology
- From Research Theme to qualitative research design: Importance of explorative character of QR, setting your research question in QR, epistemology/ontology
- Workshop in writing a RQ, setting up a qualitative research design, writing a script
- Reporting of qualitative research
- Quality Appraisal of qualitative research
- Qualitative interviews: theory
- Qualitative interviews: workshop
No previous knowledge or experience in qualitative research methods is required. The module will be taught in English. Ability to read, write and speak in English are a prerequisite for participation.
Dr. Sara Coemans holds a PhD in Educational Sciences from the University of Leuven. Trained as an educational researcher and qualitative methodologist, her scholarly expertise and interest lies mainly in the following areas: arts-based research methods, multisensory research methods, participatory approaches, ethics in qualitative research and public pedagogy. She has provided methodological training to bachelor, master and doctoral students, and guided several master students in writing their thesis and valorizing their research projects in academic journals. Besides being an academic, she worked in the past as a policy member of a non-profit organization situated in the field of community-based practice; where she focused on social inclusion, equality, respect for diversity and on collective work with communities and groups for social change. She has been a board member of the regional institute for Community Development in Limburg (Flanders, Belgium) since 2013.