16 Dec Graphics in R – ONLINE
- Traditional graphics & automation
9:30 am - 5:00 pm
9:30 am - 10:30 am
statistics course | level: intermediate |
for questions related to this event, contact firstname.lastname@example.org
affiliation: Hasselt University
R has great features to make graphics and produce attractive figures. This workshop is intended for R users who want to take full advantage of the graphical possibilities of R and who want to improve their graphical skills in R using the traditional graphics system and the add-on package ggplot2.
Part 1 - Traditional graphics
• High and low level plot functions
• Multipanel plots
• Custom-made functions
Part 2 - Introduction to ggplot2
• Building a plot layer by layer
• Multiple plots on the same page
• Adding statistical summaries
• May 6, 2021: course material available (you will receive a self-study package)
• May 19, 2021 9.30 a.m. - 5.00 p.m.: part 1
- Q&A session 1: traditional graphics
- Live teaching automation + exercise
- Q&A session 2: exercise
• May 20, 2021 9.30 a.m. - 10.30 a.m.: part 2
- Q&A session 3: ggplot2
Participants should be able to read in and manipulate data in R. If you have no idea what the following commands mean, the course is too advanced for you:
mydata <- read.table (“c:/temp/rawdata.txt”,header=T, dec=”,”)
Course is open for researchers from all fields. No prior knowledge on statistics is assumed. The course does not involve statistical data analyses.
PhDs and post-docs of a Flemish university: free of charge
Other academics: 120 €
Non-profit/Social sector: 200 €
Private sector: 400 €
The course is offered ONLINE.
The participant will receive a self-study package that s/he must study before the first session.
To receive the certificate of attendance, the participant needs to attend all sessions (live teaching and Q&A sessions).
Prof. An Carbonez, Prof. Erik Fransen