18 Nov Working with STATA
18/11/2019 - 22/11/2019
9:00 am - 4:00 pm
statistics course | level: beginner
registrations and venue via Hasselt University
This is a pratical introduction to Stata
* Assumes no/very little knowledge of Stata
* Learning objectives:
** Familiarize yourself with the Stata interface/managing do-files
** Get data in and out of Stata
** Explore and visualize data
*** Screen and clean data (missing data/outlier handling)
*** Compute new variables and transformations
** Basic statistical modeling
*** Analysis of Variance
*** Linear regression
*** Logistic regression
*** Exploratory factor analysis
*** Confirmatory factor analysis
* Used in a variety of disciplines
* Great guides available on the web
Materials and setup
* Laptop users: you will need a copy of Stata installed on your machine
* Lab computer users: log in using your user name and password (to be supplied for external participants)
* Please feel free to ask questions at any point if they are relevant to the topic or the course as a whole.
* Collaboration with your neighbors is encouraged.
* If you are using a laptop, you will need to adjust paths accordingly.
* Make comments in your Do-file rather than on hand-outs.
** Save on flash drive or e-mail to yourself.
everyone interested in the topic - priority will be given to PhD students & postdocs affiliated to Flemish universities
* PhD students & postdocs of a Flemish university: 0 € (free of charge)
* other academics: 300 €
* non-profit/social sector: 500 €
* private sector: 1000 €
You are expected to attend all five days.
A sandwich lunch will be provided.
Please cancel your registration at least two weeks in advance in case you cannot make it (cf. cancellation & no-show policy https://www.flames-statistics.com/summer-school/cancellation-policy/).