11 Jun Introduction to R – ONLINE course
11/06/2020 - 25/06/2020
9:30 am - 12:30 pm
statistics course | level: beginner
registrations and venue via Hasselt University
THIS IS AN INTRODUCTION COURSE AND IS AIMED AT BEGINNERS
This course gives an introduction to the use of the statistical software language R. R is a language for data analysis and graphics. In five half days, you’ll learn the basics of R. This is a hands-on course with practical assignments.
The course includes:
- An introduction to the software package R
- Different data structures in R
- Importing data in R
- Writing your own functions
- Making basic graphics in R
- Performing some basic descriptive analysis in R
- Performing some basic inference tests in R (i.e., testing independence, proportions, t-tests, regression analysis)
- Automation (e.g., loops)
At the end of the course you should be able to start and perform an analysis by yourself and, if you need something fancy, find out where to get help.
R is for free and for more information you can visit the site http://cran.r-project.org for installation.
There are no prerequisites, but previous knowledge about basic mathematical and statistical principles (e.g., vectors, descriptive statistics) is recommended for the introduction in statistical techniques.
!!! Bring your own laptop, with R installed on it !!! R can be downloaded for free from http://www.r-project.org/
If you use a MAC, please install R studio.
Everyone who is interested in using the R programming language.
Course dates and location:
Thursday June 11, 2020
Friday June 12, 2020
Thursday June 18, 2020
Friday June 19, 2020
Thursday June 25, 2020
9:30 - 12:30
- PhDs and postdocs of a Flemish University: free
- Other academics: €150
- Non-profit/social sector: €250
- Private sector: €500